Zippo Lighter Founder’s Day Web Exclusive Collectible
A Zippo lighter is a refillable, metal lighter manufactured by Zippo. Zippo was founded in 1932 when George G. Blaisdell decided to create a lighter that would look good and be easy to use. Except for improvements in the flint wheel and modifications in case finishes, Blaisdell’s original design remains virtually unchanged today. The Lifetime Guarantee that accompanies every Zippo metal product still guarantees that “It works or we fix it free™”.
This trio of Scottish Terriers was among the very first artistic designs to ever appear on a Zippo lighter. Developed soon after Zippo’s founding in 1932, the Etch Paint method could reproduce both simple and intricate images with multiple colors and quickly established Zippo’s enduring tradition of original artwork and custom designs. Etch Paint would eventually evolve into the tried-and-true Color Image process we use today.
Using a combination of our Lustre and Color Image processes, this Founder’s Day Web Exclusive Collectible features the iconic Scottie design next to our 90th anniversary logo on a Brushed Chrome 1935 Replica model. The lid commemorates June 5 as Founder’s Day and the reverse side of the lighter highlights Zippo’s history and founding
principles. Each lighter is consecutively numbered and features a commemorative bottom stamp.
- Genuine Zippo windproof lighter with distinctive Zippo “click”
- All metal construction about 1.5 times as thick as a standard Zippo case; windproof design works virtually anywhere
- Refillable for a lifetime of use; for optimum performance, we recommend genuine Zippo fuel, flints, and wicks
- Made in USA; Lifetime guarantee that “it works or we fix it free™”
- Fuel: Zippo lighter fuel (sold separately)